Monday, April 23, 2012

A Beautiful Cupcake



Well we had another baptism! That's 2 so far. 2 more in the next 3 weeks! At the baptism the bishops wife gave the talk on baptism...it was hilarious to me...nobody else...but she said that the gospel is like this box of cake mix she was holding. And if we apply the gospel in our lives we use the cake mix to make something better. If you apply the gospel in your life you can become a beautiful cupcake...I'm sure that is everyone's goal, to become exalted...and become a beautiful cupcake haha.

Well I only got 1 letter this week, and that's from grandma...very exciting life I lead with many great number of friends supporting me, yeah? no...but oh well...I'm glad to hear you invited the missionaries over for dinner...make sure to have them over every month. I heard they don't get fed by members very often...and working with members is SO important in this work...knocking doors all day is not effective...here are some statistics.... 0.1% of the doors we knock the people get baptized...60-80% of the people who meet with the members and missionaries for lessons are baptized...which one looks better to you? So do all you can to invite your friends, neighbors and everyone to take the missionary lessons at home. Invite people over for dinner with the missionaries so they, too, can become beautiful cupcakes. Dang that'd be great to put in a talk someday!

Continue to spiritually CPR...church, pray, read! It's good stuff! Well, I'm getting fatter...well...my pants are getting tight...but just the most important ones...the ones that match my suit...the ONLY ones that match my suit are almost too small...dern it...I'm planning on buying a jump rope and a couple resistance bands to aid me in my exercise time. Well I miss you and love you. Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment