Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baptism on Cinco de Mayo


Here's some cool stuff that happened...umm...1 more baptized!  so 1 each month I've been out!  Ha'o in March, Denn in April, and Anna Aurello May 5th!  Cinco De Mayo!  We all wore fake mustaches and ponchos...but not really! Aloha!

Read the last chapter in Alma.  About the isles of the sea, also read 2 Nephi 10:20 Is that Hawaii or what?  And also read 2 Nephi 12:10.  So awesome...if you look carefully it spells "UTAH" vertically with a few words, starting with "mountains".  I almost flipped when I saw it.  We did helping hands Saturday, but ironically enough it didn't help my hands.  We pulled elephant grass...you might wonder why it's called that...here's the answer, it's huge.  It is as thick as the face of a quarter and grows to about 15 feet...I cut up my hands so good...I couldn't stop bleeding in the first 5 minutes under my middle finger nail...I felt so lazy standing around holding my finger watching everyone else work...we did service at the elementary school clearing out a "shady" area.

The jumping picture is of me and Elder Rokete.  He's the funniest Elder I've ever met.  I've had lots of good times with him!  I have some videos of him and I singing songs in the car.  I'll try to send them but they're too big to fit in the email...I'll figure out a way don't worry...no...I'm with the same companion...I have 3 weeks left with him.  I did get the package...or present as they call it in pidgin...thank you so much!  I now have 2 resistance bands and probably shouldn't gain any more weight!  I'm back down to 153!
GOOD STUFF!  you get to call me on Mother's day/my birthday!  Okay, so I'm having Father call at 1...so you both get 20 minutes...I hope that's okay.  So if you would...call me at 1 p.m. HAWAII time!  not your time, I'll be worshiping at church...probably teaching a class...no need interrupt that...so 1 p.m. hawaii time...not your time...get it got it? good!  haha.  Well next 2 saturdays are filled with 2 more baptisms...hopefully...1 is tentative...we're working on making it a permanent date!  Have a  good week!  Love you!  Miss you!  7 minutes to email 7 people...oh jeeez........K BYE!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment